Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: i think nintendo shut down it's wii servers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
it's terrible... one day i wanted to update my console since i just got dolphin, but it didn't work, aside from me having internet, i have tried almost EVERY day but NO. today i said: "hmm, i wonder if i can do it now," and NO! it still didn't work, i think that nintendo SHUT DOWN THE WII SERVERS. FOREVER. Sad but i think that maybe other people have done it right? if so please tell me.

[attachment=20262]

PD: i saw a notice that nintendo was gonna MELTDOWN EVERY SINGLE WII since 2023, i know, shigeru miyamoto must sound REAL CRAZY while saying that, and even worse since new year's coming in like, 1 or 2 days, i think he said: "you know what? let's make the wii's melt, NOW." that's my theory 
(12-30-2022, 10:51 PM)TiC-11 Wrote: [ -> ]it's terrible... one day i wanted to update my console since i just got dolphin, but it didn't work, aside from me having internet, i have tried almost EVERY day but NO. today i said: "hmm, i wonder if i can do it now," and NO! it still didn't work, i think that nintendo SHUT DOWN THE WII SERVERS. FOREVER. Sad but i think that maybe other people have done it right? if so please tell me.

I tried it just now, and it worked fine.

According to your screenshot, you're using Dolphin 5.0-16380. Please try a newer version.

(12-30-2022, 10:51 PM)TiC-11 Wrote: [ -> ]PD: i saw a notice that nintendo was gonna MELTDOWN EVERY SINGLE WII since 2023, i know, shigeru miyamoto must sound REAL CRAZY while saying that, and even worse since new year's coming in like, 1 or 2 days, i think he said: "you know what? let's make the wii's melt, NOW." that's my theory 

That's from the satire news site Hard Drive.