Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GBA via GC Controller adapter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use a mini-PC i5-10210U with the GC Controller adapter for WII-U to use real GC controllers and dolphin 5 (FC37) runs most GC games just fine.
I have seen the efforts for GBA connectivity using an emulated GBA; both built-in and via TCP.
I am wondering what is the reason why the GBA connectivity (like tingle tuner) doesn't work via the GC controller adapter and official GBA cable to a real gameboy.
The adapter doesn't support it, Dolphin doesn't support it, and it's questionable whether USB even is low latency enough to support this at all.
(12-28-2022, 09:47 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]The adapter doesn't support it, Dolphin doesn't support it, and it's questionable whether USB even is low latency enough to support this at all.
Thanks @JosJuice.
So it wouldn't work on the WII-U either, what this adapter is designed for. I don't have a WII-U, so I cannot try it. It sort of seemed logical to me that the official WII-U controller adapter would also support such things. Forgive my ignorance.
Correct, it doesn't work on the Wii U either. This adapter was more or less only designed for playing Smash with GameCube controllers.