Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Best Twilight Princess Settings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

bensmith91

Hi, I'm new to this forum as well as to dolphin in general. Anyway, I was wondering what the best settings were to play twilight princess on dolphin. It was running at good FPS at first in the Ordon Village parts, but when I got to Faron Woods I am now down to like 10-15. I have searched on this forum as well as others but I can't seem to find what settings give the best performance for twilight princess.

I am using the r4771 x64 version
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T9400 @ 2.53Ghz
Memory: 6GB
Graphics: nVIDIA GeForce 9800M GS

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Smile Thanks!
Use Dx9, disable EFB copy (live without the mini-map), scaleEFB hack to improve visuals

Just remember that after the second dungeon, the next area of Hyrule field is slow as hell, no way to fix yet.

bensmith91

Okay that did help with the FPS, but now I've got this weird box showing up.

[Image: 4254981434_4bcf9714a3_o.jpg]

How do I get rid of that?
can you send me a picture of your control settings? i just can't move, analogs dont work on my 360 controller

bensmith91

[Image: 4256387285_e179edffb1_o.jpg]

I think the important thing is to have the "Enable X360Pad" checked, the rest of the settings didnt seem to change how the controller was mapped, just the keyboard.
He meant your graphic settings/Dolphin settings.
(01-08-2010, 06:43 AM)bensmith91 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay that did help with the FPS, but now I've got this weird box showing up.

[Image: 4254981434_4bcf9714a3_o.jpg]

How do I get rid of that?

i would use the same settings like KHZ said but with EFB Copy actually on and set to "To Texture." You get that because you disabled EFB Copy.

Oris

Hey I'm having an overall speed issue with my emulator, but Twilight Princess is the game I play most, and it bugs the crap out of me that it is so slow. here are my computer specs.

Windows 7
Processor: AMD Phenom II N830 Triple-Core Processor 2.10 GHz
Ram: 4 GB
64 bit OS

Got rid of graphical problem for the most part. the only thing that doesnt show on twilight princess is the mini map, but i think that is part of the settings i have right now.

Edit: Oh, i forgot to mention that im currently using the r5026, but i wanna upgrade to the r6656.
1. Are you using an intel igp or does your laptop have a dedicated gpu?

2. That cpu is not sufficient for this game.

3. I need a complete read out of your settings (or screenshots).
This is my System Specs
CPU: AMD athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
RAM: 4096MB
(I also added 4GB SD card and a 8GB sandisk For Speed Boost,
sandisk only works up to 4GBs though)
Page File: 997MB used, 5715MB free
HDD: 500GB
DirectX: 11

_____Graphics Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS
Display Memory: 1905 MB
Dedicated Memory: 497 MB
Shared Memory: 1407 MB

And this is the settings I am using for LOZ: TP
NOTE: just to let you know i disabled dual core and DSPs throttle.
(reason for marked as red and blue) this setting HELPED ME not get crashes from TP.
from somthing called FBT or idk what...
although IDK if it was the dual core that was causing this OR DSP THROTTLE.
i was gonna try with DUAL core activated..
MY DOLPHIN--- SVN R 4771
[Image: dolphin-configurationFormyPC.png]
STATE OF PLAY: so far so good! no more crashes.. (ill update this if i get changes in the game. or change settings )
FYI i do RUN at low FPS.. about 14 FPS but maybe its cuz i have a cheap graphics card.

GOOD NEWS~!
TP didnt crash with the dual core...
well.. i didnt get to talk to the wolf stone yet.
so its SO FAR right now XD