Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin is awesome.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

speeddown

So I tried dolphin a while back and didn't have any luck with it. Tried again recently and its working damn near perfect. Just wanted to know what everyone thinks of Dolphins future? Will it reach the point of being a Wii/Gamecube Replacement?
...for some games it already is. A game that is perfectly emulated and can be enhanced with high resolution, AA, etc....why would anyone rather play it low res on a console? Wink
Pretty damn close for many games. I still play wii games first on my wii when I get them, even with HD I don't consider Dolphin superior to wii if there's slowdowns/music stopping (most games' biggest issues). Basically when I get a new game, I want a guaranteed perfect playthrough, without anything detracting from the experience. Dolphin I use mainly for replaying old games (bit by bit... when they run good enough)
But take for example SSBB, fullspeed and no errors (sound effect used to cut before, they don't seem to do so anymore) So if I just want to play some relaxing Brawl versus the CPU, I hardly ever use my wii.
(01-08-2010, 06:06 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]...for some games it already is. A game that is perfectly emulated and can be enhanced with high resolution, AA, etc....why would anyone rather play it low res on a console? Wink

For the fact that a highly capable PC is much more expensive than the wii system itself, lol.
But given time, Dolphin will be a fantastic resource for reliving beloved wii titles.
Hell there may even be a great modding scene for it as a result, Brawl has a ton of hacks as it is!
Dolphin is doing just fine. Big Grin