Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Has anyone gotten Wii Remotes to work on the Xbox Series X/S?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

I am considering getting an Xbox Series S and using it to run Dolphin.

I have a Dolphin Bar and was wondering if it was possible to use on the Xbox Series S. I've seen a YouTube video where a dolphin bar and Wii remote are used to act like a mouse. However, I've never seen anything where someone actually plays Wii games with a Wii Remote and Dolphin Bar.

Is this not possible yet?
We haven't made a Dolphin port for the Xbox. So, you'll have to ask whoever made the port you'll be using, because we don't know.
The Xbox doesn’t have a pointer feature so Wii remotes would be useless, and I don’t think Microsoft will allow a dolphin port for Xbox on the store
(06-28-2023, 11:13 AM)MYSTERY MAN Wrote: [ -> ]The Xbox doesn’t have a pointer feature so Wii remotes would be useless

That's not how Wii Remotes work. You can just add a sensor bar without the Xbox needing to do anything.

(06-28-2023, 11:13 AM)MYSTERY MAN Wrote: [ -> ]and I don’t think Microsoft will allow a dolphin port for Xbox on the store

Sideloading in developer mode is a thing.
(06-29-2023, 02:12 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Sideloading in developer mode is a thing.

dev mode is not free, and not everyone will buy access just to use dolphin on the xbox.
(06-29-2023, 02:12 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]That's not how Wii Remotes work. You can just add a sensor bar without the Xbox needing to do anything.

Sideloading in developer mode is a thing.

A bit off topic but i would like to point out the fact he necroposted