Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: FCE Ultra GX running full fps but graphical glitches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Dolphin community,

Is it necessary to use WiiWare instead of the FCE Ultra GX emulator?
It seems to run alright even do the screen freezes from time to time while still showing full fps.
Unfortunately, there is no WiiWare for the Tetris game from 1984 plus custom ROMs are always fun as well.

I know many are probably going to tell me to just use a NES emulator and stop complaining but using a Wiimote for NES games is quite lovely in my opinion plus accessing it through the Wii has a certain feeling/ease to it.

Please let me know if this is something I can fix with configurations or if this is something that dolphin is not made for in the first place. Attached is a video to show the issue.

Take care!

https://youtu.be/nRM19rc3zqU
You probably need to change the texture cache accuracy to "Safe" in Dolphin's graphics settings.
(12-01-2022, 06:29 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]You probably need to change the texture cache accuracy to "Safe" in Dolphin's graphics settings.

Dear JosJuice.

Switching texture cache to safe seems to have done the trick as you said. Thanks a lot!
Do you recommend switching from safe back to fast when playing regular Wii games?

All the best!
If you don't notice any performance problems when it's set to Safe, keeping it at Safe is no problem. But if you do get performance problems, try setting it back to Fast.
(12-01-2022, 07:53 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't notice any performance problems when it's set to Safe, keeping it at Safe is no problem. But if you do get performance problems, try setting it back to Fast.
Thanks a lot for your fast reply. I have one more question if you don't mind.
As you may have seen in the video I sent, I could upscale the native NES resolution by changing the settings.

Once again I tried changing all these settings again I can't seem to figure out how I enabled it to render to the Wii resolution I configured (1440p)
Most likely I have missed a setting or don't fully understand a setting.

Hope you can help me out with this one.

Thanks again!