Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Could NOT find QT (missing: QT_DIR)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sorry to trouble you again, but I can't find an answer anywhere to this problem.

When building 5.0-17764 in Linux Mint 20.3 this morning, I found it needed Qt 5.15 (which isn't available in 20.3). I installed Linux Mint 21 which has it, but when executing "cmake .." it fails because  it cannot find  Qt5.

My problem is, which of all the many Qt5 paths should I set QT_DIR to? Is there any particular Qt5 related dependency that I should install? I have the following ones at present:

libqt5core5a
libqt5dbus5
libqt5gui5
libqt5network5
libqt5svg5
libqt5widgets5

There are dozens of others in the repository, but I know almost nothing about Qt and I would appreciate any help at all. Thank you.
AFAICT Dolphin fully switched to Qt6 on 5.0-16393, so unless you're trying to build Dolphin versions older than that, I don't think installing any of those Qt5 packages will help fixing the building process on your machine...
(10-31-2022, 02:47 PM)mbc07 Wrote: [ -> ]AFAICT Dolphin fully switched to Qt6 on 5.0-16393, so unless you're trying to build Dolphin versions older than that, I don't think installing any of those Qt5 packages will help fixing the building process on your machine...

Yes, I see now that Qt6 is included in the submodules, so I probably didn't need to upgrade to Linux Mint 21. I will study the build process more carefully. Thank you for your reply.
You should install qt6-base-dev and qt6-base-private-dev
(11-01-2022, 03:41 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]You should install qt6-base-dev and qt6-base-private-dev

Thank you very much! That solved the problem; I've now built 5.0-17772 successfully. I'll add them to my list of dependencies.
(10-31-2022, 02:47 PM)mbc07 Wrote: [ -> ]AFAICT Dolphin fully switched to Qt6 on 5.0-16393, so unless you're trying to build Dolphin versions older than that, I don't think installing any of those Qt5 packages will help fixing the building process on your machine...

Dolphin still supports building with Qt 5.

(10-31-2022, 05:11 PM)GenerationI Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I see now that Qt6 is included in the submodules, so I probably didn't need to upgrade to Linux Mint 21. I will study the build process more carefully. Thank you for your reply.

The submodule contains a precompiled Qt for Windows. It won't help on other operating systems.
(11-01-2022, 05:18 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin still supports building with Qt 5.

The submodule contains a precompiled Qt for Windows. It won't help on other operating systems.

Perhaps it would have worked with Qt 5.15, but it stopped working with Qt 5.12 because of this error:
‘class QComboBox’ has no member named ‘setPlaceholderText’
 108 |   m_search_address->setPlaceholderText(tr("Search Address"));
     |                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Migrating to Linux Mint 21 required a complete reinstallation, and I may have misssed out a dependency at first which was included in a later attempt. Still, having Qt6 and Mint 21 should future-proof my build environment for a while and give me more time to learn how everything works; then I may be better able to solve these problems myself. It is interesting to know that the precompiled Qt is for Windows only. (I stopped using Windows 10 for Dolphin because I found it sometimes caused network latency for the BBA, which I use a lot.)
I am getting this error too after upgrading to KDE Neon 22.04

Could NOT find QT (missing: QT_DIR)

even though i have QT 5.15.7

I am wondering if this is a similar issue to what puNES had and solved here:

https://github.com/punesemu/puNES/issues...1304874580
Have you got pkg-config installed? (Just a longshot - I'm new and not a developer.)
@bladeforce: If you just did a system update, you might want to remove your build folder `rm -rf <build_folder>`, then rerun cmake since your system build packages have changed. If that doesn't help, try updating to qt6 (your packages should be named the same as the ones I mentioned earlier).
Pages: 1 2