Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin wiki feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think the process to edit articles in the Dolphin Wiki is very unfriendly. People signing up to edit the wiki who see that they cannot edit anything don't really know what's going on, this can drive away new contributors. In fact, I stumbled upon the thread to edit the wiki by pure luck.

At the beginning of the thread for getting autoconfirmed, it was mentioned that this was done due to a wave of spam the wiki was receiving a long time ago. Other solutions exists for this that are more user-friendly than the current process. I recommend https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Moderation, a MediaWiki extension that makes edits by users without certain permissions go through a review by a moderator, much like what is currently being used in this forum. This way, people that sign up in the wiki can edit it without going through this process, while at the same time the wiki doesn't drown in spam.

On another note, the MediaWiki, extensions, and PHP version being used in the wiki are very old. Unless there's some really good reason to not update, someone should do it.