Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: having trouble exporting mkw save from dolphin to later be imported on wii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
every tutorial showing how to export it says to right-click the game/"export wii save"/ and then a data.bin file will instantly appear somewhere in a folder called private. I dont know if this has to do with me using linux, but that "export wii save" option, instead of automatically saving it to its place, gives me a popup for where to save it + anywhere ive tried gives me the error :

Code:
Failed to export the following save files: Mario Kart Wii

1. is there a specific folder i have to choose to export it to, for it to work?
  • OR, if not, can i do it manually from the files shown in the "wii save folder"?
Try doing a NAND repair by going to Tools => Manage NAND => "Check NAND" before exporting...
(10-16-2022, 11:55 AM)mbc07 Wrote: [ -> ]Try doing a NAND repair by going to Tools => Manage NAND => Check NAND before exporting...

theres no option that says "Check NAND before exporting..." but there is a regular "Check NAND", which i did and it said "No issues have been detected". Then i tried exporting again, but it still doesnt work.
I dont know if this helps, but i just tried doing Tools => Export All Wii Saves, which also let me chose the destination (not sure if thats normal or not), but it said "Exported 0 save(s)" even tho i have 5 games with savedata.
(10-16-2022, 11:55 AM)mbc07 Wrote: [ -> ]Try doing a NAND repair by going to Tools => Manage NAND => Check NAND before exporting...

i just tried selecting an external hard drive as the destination for the saves and it worked this time, no clue why