Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: "Use Panic Handlers" does nothing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm in a modding community where we're intentionally trying to get Dolphin to display a panic handler, basically an unused level will only load if "Ignore" is selected on the error box that appears. The problem is that the option does nothing for me. For everyone else, enabling "Use Panic Handlers" will make an error box like this one appear on a specific game crash:

https://imgur.com/a/e3f4zDx

However, I'm the only one in this modding community that cannot get this option to work. No error box like that ever appears for me. 1:1 exact same version as the other people, 1:1 exact same game release, 1:1 same exact Dolphin settings, 1:1 same exact custom config, 1:1 same exact Action Replay codes used, 1:1 same exact operating system, and 1:1 same exact operationg system updates, yet these panic handler boxes outright refuse to appear for me.

Does anyone know what could be going wrong? Also no, before you ask, this issue is NOT game-specific! No GameCube game ever gives panic handler boxes with "Use Panic Handlers" enabled. I've intentionally crashed over 30 games using known crash methods and these error boxes never appear. When others try, these boxes appear for them. I'm at my wit's end. There's not a single thing I haven't tried to get this to work, not a single combination of options I have not used, yet it just doesn't work for me and only for me.

Everyone in this modding community is using 5.0-17603 64-bit, so this clearly isn't a version issue.
This specific error message will only show up if "Enable MMU" is off.