Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Changing Where my Gamecube Games Save
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, I know this has probably been answered somewhere but I can't find anywhere on how to change where my gamecube games get saved to. They are currently getting saved to my C: drive, which is my solid state, but I would rather have them go straight towards my M: drive, which is my 2TB hard drive. I've looked at all the paths and routes it takes but nothing makes sense to me, does anyone know how to fix this? I'm at my limit now lmao.
You can change where GameCube saves go by changing your Memory Card / GCI Folder location in Config > GameCube, or by changing your entire Dolphin Global User Directory location.

Note that Dolphin will not move files for you, so if you change folder locations you'll need to move the files yourself.
(10-05-2022, 05:16 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]You can change where GameCube saves go by changing your Memory Card / GCI Folder location in Config > GameCube, or by changing your entire Dolphin Global User Directory location.

Note that Dolphin will not move files for you, so if you change folder locations you'll need to move the files yourself.

I went to config> Gamecube, but it doesn't allow me to change the location of my GCI folder, I dont see anything else I can do, though I might be overlooking something
Oh right, GCI Folder is still a little weird UX wise in this regard. So yea you'd need to move your Global User Directory.

If you are wanting to move your GCI folder for storage space reasons, you don't need to worry about it. Memory cards are (by modern standards) extremely small. Moving the whole global user directory will have more of an effect since the Wii's NAND is larger, but again, by modern standards it's not large.