Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: File Recognition Fails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In my old computer I migrated from, when i pasted into the Dolphin header, a complete file path, including the file name, the file would open in the appropriate application for that file. I did this most often with LibreOffice .odt files. The OS in this comptuer was Ubuntu 20.04

In my new computer, which I have migrated to, this does not happen. An identical file path worked in my old computer, is now considered to be a folder. Dolphin considers the filename ending in an .odt file to be the name of a folder, not a file. This is indicated the bottom right in in the footer by the text "Loading folder....". This "folder", of course, never loads, because the name is not that of a folder. The same happens for .ods, .txt, and any other file type.

My new computer has Ubuntu 22.04.1 OS on a ZFS encrypted file system that has two of each of SSD, and HDD, both of which are Raid 1 Mirrored. The path /home is in the RAIDed HDDs. All else is in the RAIDed SSDs.

What needs to be done to get Dolphin to recognize as files that the filenames the paths it is given are ended with?
Hi! I think you've come to the wrong forum. This is the website for Dolphin the GameCube and Wii emulator, not Dolphin the file manager.
(09-28-2022, 04:42 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! I think you've come to the wrong forum. This is the website for Dolphin the GameCube and Wii emulator, not Dolphin the file manager.

Sorry for the mix up. I will ask elsewhere. Smile