Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii Remote Connects But Doesn't Work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone! I'm new to Dolphin emulating, and I was wondering if I could get some help.

I downloaded the Dolphin emulator and had paired my Real Wii Remote with it. It was working perfectly fine yesterday; I played for a few hours. Now, when I try to connect, it [i]does[i] work, I do see the first blue square light up and even vibrate, Dolphin also picks up the remote in the application, but when I launch into a game, none of the buttons work when I click.

I've tried reinstalling Dolphin to no avail. I've also tried looking through other forum posts and while I did find one of someone having the issue, it was from years ago and they never got a response.

Some help would really be appreciated, thank you!

For context, I am on the latest version on Windows.
Which game did you test this with?
(09-24-2022, 05:04 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Which game did you test this with?

Wii sports. It was the same game I was using last time, and it worked completely fine, but not anymore
(09-24-2022, 04:55 AM)a_lie_zuh Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone! I'm new to Dolphin emulating, and I was wondering if I could get some help.

I downloaded the Dolphin emulator and had paired my Real Wii Remote with it. It was working perfectly fine yesterday; I played for a few hours. Now, when I try to connect, it [i]does[i] work, I do see the first blue square light up and even vibrate, Dolphin also picks up the remote in the application, but when I launch into a game, none of the buttons work when I click.

I've tried reinstalling Dolphin to no avail. I've also tried looking through other forum posts and while I did find one of someone having the issue, it was from years ago and they never got a response.

Some help would really be appreciated, thank you!

For context, I am on the latest version on Windows.

I fixed it!! Turns out the remote kept connecting to Steam, so I just have to go and close it through Task Manager before playing.