Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin linux - run games on different DISPLAY then launcher?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,   I've got dolphin built on debian bullseye running pretty good from what I can gather (first time to dolphin).   Now that I'm doneish mucking about with the configs,   I want move it from my laptop to my home theater box to run on the tv.   But I'm not a fan of wireless keyboards and mice and would rather use my phone with ssh or vnc to start it up.

Apologies as I'm at work thinking about video games so can't test any of these theories Tongue

Home theater box is connected to tv via hdmi and is always running an X server on :0

Ideally,   I'd like to run a vncserver instance at :1 with the dolphin launcher,   vnc into that and any time it fires up games use DISPLAY=:0 env parameter to drive the tv, not the display it's currently running in.

Plan b.

Again,  haven't tried the cli yet,  but I would assume when ssh'ing in and running a snippet something like

DISPLAY=:0 dolphin-emu -e somegame.iso &

it should sort of work assuming the game is already configured (ssh and X user the same blah blah)?

thanks!
It sounds like you're over complicating your setup. If you've got a home theater PC, depending on what frontend software you're using (Kodi, Steam Big Picture, etc), you've got some sort of control input for them. You should be able to just setup a launch command to run dolphin directly from that