Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: BIG Issue with Custom Textures / Prefetch Custom Textures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been making a texture pack for one of my childhood games, Avatar: The last Airbender 2006 for the Wii.

And now almost done, Custom Textures randomly turn off after 20 seconds. Every time I activate it.
Everything worked just fine before. My guess is that my folder with the custom textures is too big, since I kept adding and adding till I noticed that the 'Load Custom Texture' option was disabled.
After I dragged out a sub-folder, it worked again. (Stayed enabled)
This is DEVASTATING since I still got 2 Levels to go.
Thist must be a issue with Dolphin, thats why I'm trying to reach someone here, or maybe someone had a similar issue and can help me out.

Video with the issue here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cBT1nhPzxA

Edit:
I figured out what causes this. Its the 'Prefetch Custom textures' Option.
Seems like the cap (For Prefetch Custom Textures to work) is 1.250 GB in total size of the texture folder
Is there any way to fix this?
I recently finished a Textures pack and when it was pre-loaded it was 2.1GB in size no issues at all, I use 5.0 stable and 5.0-12716.

But the actual folder where the mod is around 900MB so I cannot clarify if that were over 1.250 GB I would have the same issue, but the prefech is caching 2.1GB so maybe it's another issue.
(09-21-2022, 04:12 AM)Game1Retroz Wrote: [ -> ]I recently finished a Textures pack and when it was pre-loaded it was 2.1GB in size no issues at all, I use 5.0 stable and 5.0-12716.

But the actual folder where the mod is around 900MB so I cannot clarify if that were over 1.250 GB I would have the same issue, but the prefech is caching 2.1GB so maybe it's another issue.

Yeah, im kind of lost on what to do. Turning prefetch custom textures off, lets it stay enabled, but causes hell of lag when i open things like shops etc. Which is not worth it at all. The only solution i could think of is splitting the pack in 2 parts and then swapping depending how far you are in the game.