Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphins current direct focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is it Dolphins current focus? are they trying to get SSBB to work smoothly because thatd be great or are they working on compatibility right now? Just curious thanks guys Dolphin is working out great.
There primary focus is compatibility. The devs usually don't work on trying to get one game to work. If you want, you can go to this site http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/issues/list and see all the known bugs and see where some of them rank in importance.

We all have our games that we can't wait to see fixed. Personally I can't wait till they get the L/R triggers mapped correctly in Luigi's Mansion Wink
Yeah i suppose your right, just like id love sound in Twilight Princess, but im at least happy for the work they are putting fourth. Thanks for the link.
Fortunately for you, they are working pretty heavily on sound right now, so sound in TP may not be too far off. They're working on emulating the DSP chip itself directly on a low level. Once they understand what the chip is doing, it will be easier to understand the high level commands that the games themselves are sending to the chip. Once they understand and implement the high level audio commands, sound in a lot more games should start happening, most notably all of the main Nintendo titles (Mario, Zelda, Pikmin, etc) should start getting sound.

It's been interesting to watch the SVN changes recently, since they're making a bunch of changes to a plugin that I can't test for lack of a way to rip the files it needs. Still, it's very interesting to read.
They are also working on graphics (Mario Galaxy hack added recently Wink). Dolphin Team has a lot of members and they are doing some work on Dolphin Wink