Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Baten Kaitos : card menus slowdown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Nyaru

Hello there.

I finally started to play that awsome-looking game that is Baten Kaitos, however a problem ruins everything : every time there is cards (magnus) on screen, the game slows down to 0.5 FPS. After a minute of cancel button spamming, the menu finally closes and the game returns to its normal FPS.

This happens on Deck screen, after each battle when I drop a magnus, etc.

I tried to activate the Baten Kaitos hacks, but no changes. In Direct 3D mode, the card menus simply crashes the game ><

I'd be glad if anyone have an idea how to fix this Smile Thanks
Which revision did this happen on?

Nyaru

Rev 4525
I have this problem too with r4938.
FIXED

I unchecked "enable CPU -> EFB access" in the graphics settings.

bastronaut

Does that option have a different name in newer builds?
I'd like to play that game so much, but I have that slowdown and can't find the option "enable cpu - efb access" in the RC1 nor in the 2.0...

Edit: I just failed epicly.

osaka

(04-13-2010, 06:46 PM)bastronaut Wrote: [ -> ]Does that option have a different name in newer builds?
I'd like to play that game so much, but I have that slowdown and can't find the option "enable cpu - efb access" in the RC1 nor in the 2.0...

Edit: I just failed epicly.

Hi, I'm trying to find the same option and can't, by "failed epicly" do you mean you found it somewhere and i'm just being an idiot too Angel because disabling the EFB copy option definitely didn't work.

Also, the recent compatibility list shows that the game crashes in CD2, is this still true and unavoidable because that would waste a lot of time for me to play and have it fail Sad

bastronaut

I failed because I was just to lazy to carefully look for the option, that I thought was missing, when I changed my graphics plugin...

If it's the same thing and you have not yet found the solution, here's what made it work for me.
You just have to

-> go to Options -> Configure -> Plugins

-> change "DolphinOpenGL" to "Dolphin Direct D3D9"

-> turn "Enable CPU -> EFB access" off

(you can now find it in the menu "Graphics" -> "Direct 3D")

osaka

(04-17-2010, 07:03 AM)bastronaut Wrote: [ -> ]I failed because I was just to lazy to carefully look for the option, that I thought was missing, when I changed my graphics plugin...

If it's the same thing and you have not yet found the solution, here's what made it work for me.
You just have to

-> go to Options -> Configure -> Plugins

-> change "DolphinOpenGL" to "Dolphin Direct D3D9"

-> turn "Enable CPU -> EFB access" off

(you can now find it in the menu "Graphics" -> "Direct 3D")

ahh thank you! so then it works 100%? what about supposed disc 2 crash?

Lia-Sae

I've downloaded Dolphin two weeks ago and spent more than 50 hours on Baten Kaitos ever since. I get random crashes (quite rare) but if you save quite often it works fine. So don't worry, it's perfectly playable after some time tweaking the settings Big Grin
Pages: 1 2