Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Left Analog Stick Not Calibrating Correctly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm trying to play Mario Sunshine.

I am using my PS3 controller via USB.

I have calibrated the controller in the calibration settings on Windows 10. This could be one of the issues but when I calibrate the Z axis, it doesn't register the blue lines... However in the corner you can see it is working. I have also calibrated Y and X as well as they both register and show the blue lines no problem. Calibration complete.

I go to setup the controller in Dolphin 5.0. Buttons and everything register. When i calibrate the left stick, going counter-clockwise in a circle works like a charm (smooth), but for some reason when i go clockwise in a circle, it's all over the place and won't go in a perfect circle. Surely enough when i go to play Mario Sunshine, Mario runs in a circle smooth counter-clockwise but runs in 4 directions only when going clockwise... this is so frustrating...

I want to mention I did register up, down, right and left in the left analog section as well.

Everything else runs smoothly, no issues. I just need my left analog stick to work like it should. Please help.
Do people not know what to do for me?? How is it newer posts all have replies and like 80 views but no one can help?
Probably, PS3 controllers aren't very common as controllers.

What driver did you install so that you can use the PS3 controller in Windows?

What interface are you trying to map the PS3 inputs on in Dolphin: XInput, SDL, DInput, WGI ?