Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Internal bt module works, external doesn't (drivers works)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried pairing my wiimotes through bt passthrough using bt usb adapters but none worked, i used 3 usb adapter that is listed as working on the guide which is asus,orico,ugreen and also tried tplink and a fake 5.0 csr, all of these can install libusbk/windriver/libusb-win32 drivers and run dolphin smoothly but upon trying to pair it with both my original and customized (3rdparty) remote it doesnt get paired, unsure if the usb even detect the remote at all, but upon pairing with 3 of my laptop which is dell,hp,lenovo it works instantly on both original and customized. I tried everything including messing with bios setting to see if i need usb legacy support or sumtin etc but none have worked, then i found something about external bt passthrough adapters for usb i wonder if i needed that to make the usb adapters work? Not sure if thats the case cause its not listed as a requirement on the guide, but honestly those cost as much as the dolphinbar which i even doubt i can get it working...i really want this to work on my pc cause my laptop are not beefy enough to do 4k...please help. Using linux is not an option cause i need the pc to also do xbox emulation.
Scratch all of this trying to get the external usb bt module to work, anyone know a way to rip off a laptop bt module and install it on a pc? i think i need an adapter for this to work but not sure since it looks like one of my laptop internal bt module doesn't use mini pcie..and some have "antennas" on them..