Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: about Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II plus question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My English is not good
I have a question
I play Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II plus(1.02) with dolphin
someone Can  add a function to back (cancel) to the x button with ar code because   I use xbox s consoler
thank you very much
Exactly what are you asking here?

It *looks* like you want to set the cancel button to the X button, in PSO 1 & 2 Plus, but this wouldn't match any known configuration for that game.

For every version except the GCN one, The default controls match the on screen "command palette" in a way that makes actions line up with the face buttons (your 3 attacks go on X, A and B, your shortcut menus go on Y, and your palette swap goes on the R button/Right Trigger) - this would make A accept/interact and B cancel. For the gamecube, because of the unique button layout on the controller, they changed this to B, A, and X (from left to right) for actions on the palette, Y is still shortcuts (but this is weird for the reason I describe shortly). It doesn't sound bad until you properly map a GCN controller to a Xbox controller - the actions are rotated counterclockwise 90 degrees, EXCEPT accept/interact and cancel, which fall on the same buttons they normally would (for the GCN though, so they're swapped from what they should be) - A = accept/interact, B = cancel.

If for some reason you still want to make this change, you can change your controls in the Controllers menu in Dolphin, just assign your X face button to GCN's B button. Fair warning, this is going to make things even more wrong, especially if you're used to how PSO plays in every other instance.

Interestingly enough, (Xbox B = GCN X, Xbox X = GCN A, Xbox Y = GCN Y, and Xbox A = GCN A) makes the action pallet line up with the Xbox controller the way it's supposed to, but cancel moves the way you seem to want it to (It will make Xbox X = Cancel/back). I'd personally recommend getting a USB gamecube adapter and a legit gamecube controller for this game, however, because the controls are done in such a way that when you get used to the intended way of playing, everything just makes sense.
(07-25-2022, 02:06 AM)SirGouki Wrote: [ -> ]Exactly what are you asking here?

It *looks* like you want to set the cancel button to the X button, in PSO 1 & 2 Plus, but this wouldn't match any known configuration for that game.

For every version except the GCN one, The default controls match the on screen "command palette" in a way that makes actions line up with the face buttons (your 3 attacks go on X, A and B, your shortcut menus go on Y, and your palette swap goes on the R button/Right Trigger) - this would make A accept/interact and B cancel.  For the gamecube, because of the unique button layout on the controller, they changed this to B, A, and X (from left to right) for actions on the palette, Y is still shortcuts (but this is weird for the reason I describe shortly).  It doesn't sound bad until you properly map a GCN controller to a Xbox controller - the actions are rotated counterclockwise 90 degrees, EXCEPT accept/interact and cancel, which fall on the same buttons they normally would (for the GCN though, so they're swapped from what they should be) - A = accept/interact, B = cancel.

If for some reason you still want to make this change, you can change your controls in the Controllers menu in Dolphin, just assign your X face button to GCN's B button.  Fair warning, this is going to make things even more wrong, especially if you're used to how PSO plays in every other instance.

Interestingly enough, (Xbox B = GCN X, Xbox X = GCN A, Xbox Y = GCN Y, and Xbox A = GCN A) makes the action pallet line up with the Xbox controller the way it's supposed to, but cancel moves the way you seem to want it to (It will make Xbox X = Cancel/back).  I'd personally recommend getting a USB gamecube adapter and a legit gamecube controller for this game, however, because the controls are done in such a way that when you get used to the intended way of playing, everything just makes sense.
Can you understand what I mean? thank you
[Image: jvmtvq.png]
All you have to do is reconfigure your controller in dolphin's settings from what I can understand.

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...Controller
(07-25-2022, 09:39 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]All you have to do is reconfigure your controller in dolphin's settings from what I can understand.

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...Controller

thank you very much Blush