Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: "Unregistered" Account / Reinstating Inactive Account
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I previously made an account on here about 2 years ago. I was having a hard time figuring out why it would just come up as "Unregistered" when searching for previous posts, as well as being unable to log back in with the same credentials. At first I thought I got banned for some random reason, but from what I can gather, I believe it was deleted/pruned due to inactivity.

I've used this emulator for well over a decade, and have a passion for being a part of this community and posting helpful advice wherever my knowledge may be applicable. However, there's times I'll come and go between the years, so it's understandable why my original account got deleted (which was registered around June of 2020, only got around to making an account many years later since I was tired of lurking, lol).

I was just wondering if it were possible to get this account reinstated, as I had the majority of my spec info and other useful posts associated with that account. If it isn't possible, I understand. To whom it may concern; I can PM you all relevant information about my original account if it's indeed possible to get it back, as I'd rather not post such info publicly.

Thanks in advance for the help!
So I'm not sure about your exact cause, but to reduce our maintenance burden, after a set period of inactivity the forum will automatically remove users who have posted under a threshold of posts. Their posts are still there, but they show up as unregistered, like how your described your past posts. I don't know your prior post count but that is likely what happened. Point me toward one of your old posts and I can tell you more precisely.

If that is indeed what happened to your old account, then all of your data is gone except for the posts themselves, and we cannot restore the account.
(07-17-2022, 11:41 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]So I'm not sure about your exact cause, but to reduce our maintenance burden, after a set period of inactivity the forum will automatically remove users who have posted under a threshold of posts. Their posts are still there, but they show up as unregistered, like how your described your past posts. I don't know your prior post count but that is likely what happened. Point me toward one of your old posts and I can tell you more precisely.

If that is indeed what happened to your old account, then all of your data is gone except for the posts themselves, and we cannot restore the account.

Thank you for your response! Here's an example of one of my posts, I didn't create a terrible amount of posts on that account but it's still sad to see it go:

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-fi...#pid508937

I remember signing in sometime last year/early this year, but I did not post anything new at that point so I most likely got pruned for falling below the post threshold.
Yea, you were pruned. From what I can tell from the waybackmachine, you had 3 posts. Our User Pruning threshold is configured to "users under 4 posts" which you fit under. Welp.

EDIT: If you'd like, I can change the account you are on now to Metro-GCN for you.
(07-18-2022, 12:20 AM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]Yea, you were pruned. From what I can tell from the waybackmachine, you had 3 posts. Our User Pruning threshold is configured to "users under 4 posts" which you fit under. Welp.

EDIT: If you'd like, I can change the account you are on now to Metro-GCN for you.

Yes, that would be nice. Thank you for your trouble, MayImilae!
Done. I went ahead and added your prior post count to your current account to keep you safe from the pruning.

Oh, also, in the post you linked you talked about workarounds for the Goblin Wall bug. If you weren't aware, we fixed that one! And it's quite the story.
(07-18-2022, 12:43 AM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]Done. I went ahead and added your prior post count to your current account to keep you safe from the pruning.

Oh, also, in the post you linked you talked about workarounds for the Goblin Wall bug. If you weren't aware, we fixed that one! And it's quite the story.

Much appreciated! And wow, that was quite a peculiar issue for sure. It makes a lot more sense now, and I'm relieved that problem has finally been figured out! Manually fixing that has always been quite a pain, so this makes me much less reluctant to start a new FFCC game. Thanks for tipping me off with that article! Take care.