Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Turn of windows power saving mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just by accident found what was causing a lot of problems in Dolphin. In windows ( i'm using windows 7), there are options
found in Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options

power options/power plan, allows you to adjust how your pc will perform, save power and reduce resources where it can or run in beast mode with everything maxed.  My pc was running in power saving mode and that was mucking up dolphin, lag, graphical glitches, stuttering sound, even running games at their minimum setting had problems.

When i found the power options in windows and changed it to high performance mode, everything in dolphin worked. So i then maxed out dolphins settings, booted metroid prime 2, and it runs absolutely flawless.  Big Grin

Awesome...

I don't think i have read, in any dolphin guides or faqs on this site and others, mention of checking if the pc is running in any power saving mode. Can the site guide be updated to include this bit of helpful information