Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Paper Mario Pointer Controls on Steam Deck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to configure the controls for Super Paper Mario on the Steam Deck. So far it's worked pretty great — I've configured an emulated Wii Remote that uses a Virtual Core Pointer to set up the right trackpad as a mouse, which emulates the Wii pointer controls perfectly.

However, that's caused me a specific issue with Super Paper Mario in particular. By default, my emulated Wii Remote is treated as though it is always being pointed at the screen, which makes it impossible to progress in SPM past the tutorial, since pointing at the screen with the Wii Remote stops the gameplay to activate Tippi's ability.

Is there any way I can set up the emulated Wii Remote so that it's only treated as pointing towards the screen if I hold down a button, and is pointing away from the screen otherwise?
You can configure Motion Simulation > Point > Hide (you'll probably want to configure a button as not '!').