Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: TR Wii Remote Speaker Sound Not Working on Intel BT AX201 Emulated Mode (nonTR works)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys, the other day went back to emulated mode. I have the wii bt module, but sometimes is a pain to have to pair again to use with games outside dolphin with a normal bt module.

UPDATED:

TR->No speaker Sound.

Non TR->Speaker Sound works.

Edit with more tests:

Intel BT adapter-> Speaker works for non TR. For TR speaker is mute. No sound at all

Generic BT adapter -> Both Fine

TPLINK UB400 -> Both Fine

TPLINK UB500 -> Both fine

Using latest dev build

Windows 11
Which operating systen are you using? If you're still on Windows 7 like your profile says, that's the problem. -TR Wii Remote audio should be working in 4.0-8325 and newer if you're using Windows 8 or later.
Just FYI, proper Wiimote audio is only attainable via Bluetooth Passthrough. With Dolphin's "emulate a BT adapter" you'll get either an unrecognizable mess of noises (on non-TR Wiimotes) or recognizable but still choppy audio (on -TR Wiimotes) when compared to a real Wii or to Bluetooth Passthrough...
Hi. Thanks.

Im using Win11. But instead of unrecognizable audio, didnt get any audio at all.

Works perfect on bt passthrough, I guess will stay this way. It´s just a pain when have to re pair or re sync to use on other apps (wiimotehook, touchmote and many others) but well, there is no other option.

Still will try to get choppy sound to see how bad it is. All my wiimotes are TR ones. Maybe a clean dolphin. Cant remember if I have to change other stuff to get audio on emulated mode. Also had check in game wii menu (home button) wiimote volume and it´s on the middle, but didnt help. It´s been a long time since switched to passthrough.
Have you checked if "Enable Speaker Data" is active?
Hi. Yes, only enabled continuous scan and speaker data.

But only tried on nsmb with no luck. Will try a few more games and report back.
(06-03-2022, 01:42 PM)mbc07 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you checked if "Enable Speaker Data" is active?

Hi. I can confirm, there is no sound at all with TR wiimote.

Tried latest dev build on portable mode.

Just check real wiimote, speaker data and continuos scan. No other dolphin setting was changed.

Tried nsmb and big brain academy. No sound at all.

Changed to bt passthrough, tried the same games, sound on both.

So I guess something is broken for TR sound on latest builds for emulated mode.
Hi guys. After some exhaustive testing, the problem is the BT adapter.

Tried a generic one and got sound on emulated mode.

Could the intel bt adapter be so sh**y or could be anything else?
Well, I get sound (with the already mentioned limitations) on recent-ish Intel BT adapters (9260, 9462, AX201). In general, Intel adapters works flawlessly... as long as you don't try to use more than one Wiimote simultaneously.
(07-01-2022, 04:32 PM)mbc07 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I get sound (with the already mentioned limitations) on recent-ish Intel BT adapters (9260, 9462, AX201). In general, Intel adapters works flawlessly... as long as you don't try to use more than one Wiimote simultaneously.

Hi. Mine is a 201 I think. 

Are you on windows or linux?

If Windows, which BT driver? Tried many but no luck. Just no sound with one wiimote. But no sound at all, not choppy or anything, is muted. Disable the adapter, connected a generic BT adapter, sound worked.

I know Windows 11 has many problems with BT in general, but not sure if it´s related, since generic one worked fine.
Pages: 1 2