Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is there way to freeze the demo time in the Japanese version of Sonic Gems Collection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
with Cheat Engine or something like that? I'm the worst at following tutorials and am horrible at crunching numbers for cheats, could some come up with a demo time freeze code for me?
(05-24-2022, 01:28 PM)Arch Pete Wrote: [ -> ]with Cheat Engine or something like that? I'm the worst at following tutorials and am horrible at crunching numbers for cheats, could some come up with a demo time freeze code for me?

I just want a code for the JP version
I'm having trouble making a time freeze cheat with the cheat manager for the Japanese version of Sonic Gems Collection, for example a demo for Sonic 1 is 5 minutes but I want want it to stay "frozen" at 5 min. Huh Are there any JPN to US cheat converters, there's a demo time limit freeze cheat but only for the US version.
I wish I had an answer. Sad
There aren't any generic cheat converters between game versions because cheats hardcodes locations for one version (like the US version), but for different versions stuff usually shifts around, making the cheats modify wrong parts of the game.

As such, you usually need the game version itself to create cheats for it so you know where to modify stuff, and not everyone has the game version.
According to one website ("Stop Timer" at the bottom) their "code explainer" says it writes 0x0F to 0xCE5BE4 in memory for the US versions. So if you have the US version, you could try to look what happens to that memory location (without the cheat enabled) and try to find the patterns you see in the JP versions (via the cheat search thing).
(05-29-2022, 04:46 AM)Neui Wrote: [ -> ]There aren't any generic cheat converters between game versions because cheats hardcodes locations for one version (like the US version), but for different versions stuff usually shifts around, making the cheats modify wrong parts of the game.

As such, you usually need the game version itself to create cheats for it so you know where to modify stuff, and not everyone has the game version.
According to one website ("Stop Timer" at the bottom) their "code explainer" says it writes 0x0F to 0xCE5BE4 in memory for the US versions. So if you have the US version, you could try to look what happens to that memory location (without the cheat enabled) and try to find the patterns you see in the JP versions (via the cheat search thing).

That's good. Too bad that I'm (admittedly) a total noob when it comes to making codes. Tried following tutorials very closely and I always screw something up, (such as glitching up the hud in the Sonic 1 "demo" to crashing the game multiple times). I submitted a code request to GameHacking.org for someone to make a code to the JP version but it's taking forever. I wish someone here can make the code for the JPN Sonic Gems.
By the way is it possible to PM me the demo time limit freeze cheat I've been desperately looking for the Japanese Sonic Gems Collection?
I have been without a Sonic Gems demo time freeze cheat in days. If only some can make a Japanese cheat code for that.
Found the address for the timer. It's 802B960A. How to convert it into an AR code?
Pages: 1 2