Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Wont Load after First Run.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So. I recently got a new PC, and now Dolphin is not working properly for me. I can install it, and run it once. But if I close Dolphin and reopen it, it goes into a suspended state and wont load. I am running the latest Beta version. I have messed around with different versions, and even if I get Dolphin to load a second time, if I go into any menu (ie. trying to configure the emulated wiimote,) it freezes and goes into suspension. I have the correct C++ and my pc can easily handle this. I am able to play a game the first time I run a clean install of Dolphin, but after that I can't get it to open again.

Specs:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor 3.80 GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
Update: I figured out that deleting my "dolphin emulator" folder from Documents will allow me to boot dolphin again, but it'll still freeze when I do anything that opens a new window (run a game, config, etc.)
Deleting the Dolphin Emulator folder cleared your saved config.

What version of Dolphin are you using, the latest dev build or the latest beta build? If you're using the beta try the dev build, and vice versa
(05-21-2022, 07:34 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Deleting the Dolphin Emulator folder cleared your saved config.

What version of Dolphin are you using, the latest dev build or the latest beta build? If you're using the beta try the dev build, and vice versa

I tried both the latest beta and dev versions, and the issue persists on both. 
I had the same issue, opened a thread for it here https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-do...#pid525827, not a SINGLE reply, yet this seems to be a common issue now and NO ONE knows how to fix it...
Because we have no idea what could possibly trigger this. And I don't think it's particularly common, considering our sample size of two people with the problem vs everyone else on this forum who has not reported it.

If you want to help debug this, you may need to install Visual Studio and compile Dolphin yourself, then relay to us the state of the program when it's frozen. I'm guessing it's deadlocked by something but I can't even begin to guess by what...
You can also try if using a portable user directory works around this: https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/cont...directory/