Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Steam Deck Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Oops, right, you don't have the auto update options on steam deck because discovery takes care of that for you.

But anyway, the reason we say don't use emudeck is because it turns on a lot of weird settings for no apparent reason. Just stick with discovery and you'll get the "Beta" build updates every 2 months or so. If you'd like it to be sooner, well... that's really hard on the steam deck right now. Our building Dolphin on Linux tutorial won't work on the deck due to its immutable file system, and we don't provide our own flatpaks. So, building it yourself is kind of a nightmare right now. So if you want a feature that's in a dev build, you kind of just need to wait a bit. For now.

We're working on something to improve all this.
Ok cool that makes sense. Has any one got dolphin bar working with our removing the read only file system?
"with our"? did you mean "without"?

Chuckaluphagus

(06-23-2022, 10:06 AM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]Just get Dolphin from Discover, add it to Steam as a non-steam game, then turn on Dolphin's auto-update and you're good. We have something cooking to make this nicer but that's the best option for now.

I just got my Steam Deck this past weekend, and I'm very pleased that this looks very straightforward.  I'll give it a whirl when I have a few minutes.  Thank you.
Uh oh, my SD doesn't like the latest Flatpak. Anything I launch seems to crash except with the software renderer.
(07-09-2022, 10:56 AM)colorblindmonk Wrote: [ -> ]Uh oh, my SD doesn't like the latest Flatpak.

Just to clarify, by "SD" do you mean Steam Deck or SD card?
(07-09-2022, 01:09 PM)Nintendo Maniac 64 Wrote: [ -> ]Just to clarify, by "SD" do you mean Steam Deck or SD card?

Yeah, I mean Steam Deck.
I think there was a bug that mainly affected the Steamdeck, however the Flatpak was updated yesterday, since then the crashes are gone for me, I assume this PR https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/10824 was backported into the beta and the Flatpak was rereleased...

So I guess updating through Discover should fix the problem for you too
I was still getting crashes on launch in the latest push, but they did go away after deleting my configs. I think the culprit was enabling GPU texture decoding in Graphics > Hacks.
I can't for the life of me get good frame pacing in Dolphin on the Deck. I'm using the Discovery install, updated as of 7/15. I'm running games at 720p, I've tried with both hybrid and full ubershaders. I've tried with standard deck settings, and also with TDP set to 11 and GPU set to 1300hz

Gamescope reports a consistent 60fps, but every minute or so I get 10 seconds of really really choppy frametimings. It's incredibly jarring and I have no clue how to fix it. It happens with every game that I've tried

I have the deck's FPS limit set to 60, and I have vsync enabled in Dolphin. Any ideas?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7