Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How does Dolphin change the currently inserted disc?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI!

So, I'm working on a "DYI" Wii that utilizes Dolphin, and to make it as authentic as possible. I want to make a udev rule/python script combo that does the following:

- Detect when a DVD is inserted
- Read the contents of the DVD
- If it finds an ISO with a valid name, switch the currently inserted disc in Dolphin to that ISO

But I'm kind of stuck at that last part.

Running Dolphin from the CLI doesn't seem to offer any options, nor does dolphin-tool. I tried digging through the source code but I quickly realized that I suck at reading C++.

So, is it even possible to change the currently inserted disc from the CLI? And if so, how?
You can't do this through the CLI.

If you want to know where in Dolphin's source code it's handled, here it is: https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/b...e.cpp#L542
(05-09-2022, 12:24 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]You can't do this through the CLI.

If you want to know where in Dolphin's source code it's handled, here it is: https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/b...e.cpp#L542

That's a shame.

I think I know the answer to this question, but would it be possible to make my own implementation of what I originally wanted to make with that udev rule/python script combo inside Dolphin and recompile it? 
Probably? I don't know the exact details of what you're doing, but if you can do it in Python you can probably do it in C++ in one way or another.

Jb2k

Thats not very nice to answer, you know most of us don’t know have the know how to actively participate with the source code and asking for an api to change disc’s is one of the most requested feature imo.
Sorry, I assumed you did have that kind of knowledge since you were talking about making your own implementation.

While I do think it would be nice to have this as a feature, this is actually the first time I've seen someone request it, and personally I'm too busy with other tasks to work on it or to explain in detail how to implement it. But maybe at some point in the future!