Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Greetings from a Wii game developer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I am a game coder from Germany and our first Game for Wii is nearly completed (with official license and dev tools from Nintendo).

While I cannot give you any technical information because of the NDA, I am very impressed with this emulator. Fast emulation of a non historic system is a huge achievement!

I just tried a current dev snapshot of our game in Dolphin. It works perfectly.

Congratulations.

Regards,
Christian
Cool, I know you might not be able to give out much information but could you at least tell us what game is it and what settings did you use, and did you noticed the awesome graphical improvements over the wii hardware Smile? thx.

edited cause shush policy
Dolphin congratulated by a real wii dev?Big Grin

Too bad you aren't allowed to prove you acutally are one (if you are...)
The game is a fun racing game primary intentended for casual players.

It has been released some time ago for the PC (you can get a video and a trial version
and find out my full name) and
the iPhone.
We hope to have it on WiiWare soon. There is new stuff in the Wii version that is not present in the other versions, we think it is really fun.

I just downloaded the 4771 X64 snapshot from the frontpage, it worked quite out of the box. Both the D3D and the OpenGL plugin give framerates that are well playable (Core 2 Duo 2,33 GHz, GF 7800 GTS, Vista 64). I only changed to emulated WiiMote, because I did not have a BT dongle to connect a real WiiMote.
When I try to open the game as a fully build WAD file it crashes immediately, but it works very well when I open the elf and provide the extra files in a dvdroot folder.

The D3D plugin limited to 60 FPS gives a very smooth ride (it keeps 60 FPS most of the time). Without FPS limit it goes well over 100 FPS.

Visual quality is great, the slight "out of focus look" that everything in SD resolutions has on a large flatscreen TV (even over component cables) is totally missing Smile

Christian
Hey, it looks really cool, i wish you guys all the success, I'll definitely be getting this when it comes out as WiiWare Smile (I hope its also in English Tongue)
Very nice to hear, I'll make sure to try the game out as soon as I get more Wii points Wink I don't have both iPhone nor iPod Touch, so I can't really tell what it will be like on Wii/Dolphin.
(01-05-2010, 10:26 PM)Apostacious Wrote: [ -> ](I hope its also in English Tongue)

Yes, it is.

Christian
Hello,

after quite a long time I can now announce the availability of the game.

It will be available on WiiWare in Europe (PAL) on June 11th, 2010 at 500 Wii Points. A video will be available on the Nintendo Channel when the game goes on sale.

Have fun!

Christian / h2f games.
It would be nice to take a look at what information Nintendo gives out in their developer packages, that's for sure. Too bad.
Nice to hear, too bad I bricked my Wii, else I would of checked it out and bought it. Sad
Pages: 1 2