Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: frame rates slow whether I run 4k or native
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My frame rates drop during game play. It makes the wii games a bit laggy and the audio gets choppy. I changed my internal res to native anti aliasing to none and antiscopic filtering to 1x and It ran the same as when I had them set at 4k, 8msaa, 4x. Is there a setting I should or shouldn't be using to get it to run smoother? I have a i5 16g ram 2tb hhd and a gtx 1650. latest dolphin build.
Which i5 do you have?

In the Nvidia Control Panel, make a profile for Dolphin.exe and set the Power Management to High Performance
I5 3470 3.2ghz
I tried that and It made very little difference if any. The few games I've tested also seem to be doing it in the same exact spots when testing them. I don't know much about the stuff but it seems like its not my pc since it runs the game the when in native or 4k resolution. They skip/lag in the same spots when playing the game. I don't have much experience with this emulator is this normal or should games play very smooth like your on the console? I would think my pc can handle playing these games.
A few more questions:
1. What game (or games) does this happen with?
2. Latest Dolphin dev build or beta build?
3. Did the Nvidia Control Panel power management change fix the issue?
4. Do you have the latest Nvidia drivers installed?
5. If you check your CPU temperatures while playing, are you thermal throttling?
1. links crossbow training, gunslingers, RE darkside chronicles unplayable , RE4 ( I've only played these for a couple minutes just to test and some are worse than others.) Dead Space Extraction was lagging so bad it was unplayable.
2. I think it was the stable build. It says 5.0-16101 x64
3.No it didn't fix the issue and after I changed that setting I again tried changing the in game res in dolphin settings and it didnt matter
4.Yes drivers are up to date I just put these parts into this pc and over the past 2 months have been setting it up for a home arcade and have checked the drivers for other reasons. I'm running a lot of other emulators and games and they all run flawlessly including teknoparrot at 4k.
5. No I have not I don't know how to do that. I did notice the gpu running loud when I change the dolphin settings to 4k but Is that a issue to check even if I haven't been playing these games for more than 5 minutes?
Also, side question. Where are the total yoke and total pitch settings located? I need to make some in game adjustments on these rail shooter games and can't find the settings to do it.
(04-29-2022, 07:20 AM)jimbone007 Wrote: [ -> ]Also, side question. Where are the total yoke and total pitch settings located? I need to make some in game adjustments on these rail shooter games and can't find the settings to do it.

It's going to be under one of the tabs in the Wii Remote config.
(04-29-2022, 07:49 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]It's going to be under one of the tabs in the Wii Remote config.

Wouldn't that change the settings for all games? I thought they were specific to each individual game. I've played some games that work the way it is and others don't. If I change it for all games then I'll have the same problem just with different games.
You'll have to configure separate profiles for each game then:

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...s-per-game
Pages: 1 2