Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: SSX On Tour Performance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I'm having a weird issue with SSX On Tour using Dolphin. This does not happen with other games I played by using Dolphin.

When I play the game for the first time using Dolphin, it works flawless (even with 60 FPS mods). If I run the game a second time, the game performance very bad. No stuttering but every time you are in front of a rail, the game will freeze for 5-10 seconds, with some sound stuttering, and then returns back to normal speed. I can see the FPS drops from 60 to about 2-7 and then speed up again to 60. This also happens when running the game wihout mods/patches (so 30 FPS). It also occurs on the same location on the tracks.

Now the weirdest thing is, if I delete the dolphin.ini from the config folder and then start the game again, it will run flawless again.

1. I tried using Dolphin without changing any settings, so configs would be loaded from my C:\Users\{NAME}\Documents\Dolphin Emulator folder and this issue occurs.
2. I tried using Dolphin as a portable version by adding the portable.txt to the folder and this issue still occurs. Also tried in on different SSD drives.
3. I tried different builds of Dolphin, it happens in the stable builds and the beta builds.
3. I tried the PAL and NTSC version of the game, same problem occur on both versions. (PAL version does not have 60 FPS patch/mod)
4. It also does not matter which graphics API I'm using or which shader compilation etc. It does not make any difference. Even with stock settings this problem occurs.

Every other game runs fine through Dolphin without any issues.

So does anyone got an idea what could be the issue?

Edit: I also got a Steam Deck, on the linux version this problem does not occur. Also when using the 60fps gamepatch/mod it runs smooth after starting the game for the 2nd time.