Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: A detailed write-up on a couple of issues (updated again)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The idea behind this thread is to share a couple of things I found out (and confirmed) during my recent Dolphin sessions. This involves two games and some of the issues that are listed in their respective wiki pages.

The laptop specs are on my signature. I'm currently using the Latitude 6320. Sure, it's pretty old, but somehow still packs some punch. All while getting hot enough to boil eggs on it.

The games in question are Luigi's Mansion and Mario Kart Double Dash, their PAL versions to be precise. The build I'll be using is 5.0-16283. I will be using the default config except for "Compile Shaders Before Starting". Just that one for now. Let's start with the games (must open spoilers).

Details and links to attachments:

Update 1 (April 29):
EDIT (because spoiler tags are not working down here): 

Update 2 (April 30)
I've hit jackpot. I found just now the build that broke the lens flare effect on Mario Kart for GC. It broke on 4.0-7630, almost 7 years ago. On that build, PR #2960 was merged (Make efb2tex behave much more like efb2ram. by phire · Pull Request #2960 · dolphin-emu/dolphin · GitHub). I also tested the build before it, 4.0-7626, and the effect works just fine with EFB to Texture.