Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Linux build didn't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I had to build from source as I want to use the latest development version, so I followed this tutorial to the letter.

However, trying to run the dolphin-emu command returns this error: bash: /usr/games/dolphin-emu: No such file or directory

I'm not really sure what I could have done wrong.

This is for Ubuntu 20.04. You probably could have guessed this is my first time building Dolphin from source (used to use Windows so didn't need to) and I don't really know what any of these commands do or what some of the terms thrown around here really mean.
Okay, so apparently the dolphin-emu command doesn't work but it seems to have shown up in my applications and has assumed the "Dolphin Emulator" appearance with the regular icon as if I installed the base 5.0 version.

I noticed auto-update is missing; do I need to use git pull and rebuild for every update?
Quote:bash: /usr/games/dolphin-emu: No such file or directory

In my experience, this is probably bash using an outdated cached path. Try opening a new terminal window and start from there, or type PATH="$PATH" in the (old) terminal to make bash drop that cache.
Also, /usr/games/dolphin-emu could be a symlink to an non-existing file. (use "stat /usr/games/dolphin-emu", which also shows the destination file). I'd say this is unlikely tho if you can launch it from the desktop (and the version in the about section/window title is correct).

Quote:I noticed auto-update is missing; do I need to use git pull and rebuild for every update?
To my knowledge, yes.
All of my questions are answered now. This thread can be locked if there's nothing else to say.

Thank you.