Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Ubershaders apparently not working with AMD Ryzen 5500U
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently learned about ubershaders and how it came to be. So I tried it out today and hoped to alleviate the stuttering happening in Metroid Prime 2 which is infamous for its shader compilation problems. But the game still stutters for everything that occurs in-game, but otherwise the game runs just fine. I tried the hybrid ubershaders and I enabled "compile before game start". The game compiles the shaders for 2-3 minutes then the game starts. But unfortunately this changes absolutely nothing. So I tried the same setup but with the Direct3D 11 renderer and it's pretty much the same. Vulkan seemed to have been the worst one with hybrid ubershaders. I tried deleting the shaders in cache/shaders before each attempt. I was under the impression that ubershaders prevents stuttering completely, but that doesn't seem to be the case at all on my hardware. So I also tried the gamecube version of Metroid Prime 2 and it's pretty much the same results. So I came to the conclusion that my igpu doesn't support ubershaders at all. I wanted to confirm that with you guys in case there are any solutions. 

Other info:
Dolphin build: dev 5.0-16292
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5500U
GPU: AMD Vega 7
RAM: 16 GB DDR4
Storage type: SSD

Video renderer: Direct3D 12
internal resolution: 3x 1080p
Ubershaders: Hybrid + compile before game start
Do the stutters happen at Native Resolution?