Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Button combinations for hotkey save & load states
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

form4li7y

I am new to Dolphin and I can't figure out how to set up button combinations for hotkey save state and load state. I have tried highlighting the button that I want, clicking on SELECT, then highlighting the second button that I want in the combination and clicking either the +ADD or &AND command, click APPLY then OK. During gameplay I then try the button combination but only the first button actually does the save state or load state.

I am using an 8BitDo Pro 2 controller and here are the button combinations I am trying to set up.

Back (which is the select button) + Pad S (which is D Pad Down) = Save State Slot 1

Thumb R + Pad S = Load State Slot 1

For some reason though just pressing Back saves and just pressing Thumb R loads. The emulator ignores the other buttons in the combination.

I may be missing something in how the emulator works because the default setting is a complete mystery to me. For instance, the default for Save State Slot 2 is (!(LMENU | RMENU) & !(LSHIFT | RSHIFT) & !(LCONTROL | RCONTROL)) & `F2`. I have no idea what that means! Is there a guide that can help me understand this?

Edit: Ok, I don't know what changed between last night and today but it is working now. Incase anyone else sees this and is having the same problem try restarting your PC. I know that sounds like a tired tech help step but that is all I did between then and now. I even tried closing out the emulator and starting it again before making the original post and that did nothing.