Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Galaxy 2 Extremely Low Performance Dolphin 5.0-16101
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MrjafooleZ

I recently tried emulating Mario Galaxy 2 on PC but the performance is so ridiculously terrible and I can't seem to find a solution online anywhere. My PC is more than capable of running Dolphin games normally so I can't really pin point what the problem is. I tried searching online for solutions but I was unable to find anybody else having such performance issues on modern hardware. Also I tried looking into one of the Mario Galaxy 2 threads on the FAQ but the thread wouldn't load. My specs are a Ryzen 5 3600 6-core Processer @ 3.6GHz, AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT 6gb, and 16 gb of Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz DRAM. If I need to provide any further information please ask.
With Mario Galaxy 2 you should not set the graphics settings too high, your GPU might be struggling with high settings. The internal resolution setting and the anti-aliasing setting(especially the SSAA settings) are the most demanding ones. If the game still stutters with a resonable 3x internal resolution and no anti-aliasing, the issue might be something other than your settings, but posting them wouldn't harm, maybe there's a clue in there.

PS: You mean the forum page for the game won't load? This one?
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-wi...y-2--25931

MrjafooleZ

(04-13-2022, 05:01 AM)mimimi Wrote: [ -> ]With Mario Galaxy 2 you should not set the graphics settings too high, your GPU might be struggling with high settings. The internal resolution setting and the anti-aliasing setting(especially the SSAA settings) are the most demanding ones. If the game still stutters with a resonable 3x internal resolution and no anti-aliasing, the issue might be something other than your settings, but posting them wouldn't harm, maybe there's a clue in there.

PS: You mean the forum page for the game won't load? This one?
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-wi...y-2--25931

Yeah the graphics settings are set to 3x internal and no anti aliasing but the terrible performance still persists. 
Does the issue happen at 1x resolution as well?

MrjafooleZ

(04-14-2022, 01:22 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Does the issue happen at 1x resolution as well?

Yeah I tried native and it does.

MrjafooleZ

I disabled Dual Core in config and now the game runs phenomenally.