Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Tales of Symphonia terrible glitches.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hagane

Hello, just as the subject says: I've got a problem with ToS.

I run Windows 7
Dolphin svn 2786 x86

Have good laptop with GF9700mgt
4gig ram and dual core proc

When I run ToS on dolphin I get ingame textures thrown all over the place, mutant multyeye faces, black areas, and textures change when reaching different parts of screen :]

Speed is excelent, sound too. Tried differend options, both openGL and dx9, but nothing changed...

I don't have any other game to compare with too.
Does the 9700 graphic card have its own memory?Maybe it's set too low,especially if you use Anti-Aliasing (Causing to show artifacts and black screen on world map on my system too,even with a desktop system).
Maybe you set all options to default in your graphic driver's menu and a driver update may cause wonders!
If nothing helps,check if your really have all requirements - http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-4.html -,else you post your settings in OGL menu.

Hagane

Thank you for respond!

Dxdiag shows 1.7 Gb of video RAM, but I remember it to be shared with main RAM. Either way it's a normal amount of memory.

I doubt that the problem is in specs of PC or card, cause other end games and PS2 emulator with DX10 shaders and very beautiful quality run smoothly.

I'll try to set defaults on video card, altghough it's not like I ever changed anything in it.
Could be drivers, but it's hard to get them on laptop video cards :[
My driver is official 181.71, which came through windows update (what really surprised me)

I also was wandering, are there any other video plugins for dolphin? Maybe that could change for me something... Couldn't find any in internet.

Here're some screens of what's it like. As I said - it runs perfectly, except for glitches.

[Image: 4aGTlpwKTY.jpg]

[Image: ch0tn4PgiT.jpg]

[Image: q5imiUU1JP.jpg]

Advanced tab has everything unchecked. I tried different resoulutions nad options off and on in all tabs - but result was the same.
Btw, I tried to put all gfx settings on low, and it became very choppy, but graphics stayed the same.
[Image: qpW8ajevu4.jpg]
Oh,you ment ToS2 - I thought you mean ToS for GameCube.I've never tested ToS2 on Dolphin.
Wii Games use higher clocked hardware,so it's much more harder to emulate than a GameCube game.Wii emulation is only at the very early beginning and require a lot more power,so don't expect to see the game (or others) run smoothly in a short time,maybe never on your hardware.

By the way:Your are using 8x anti-aliasing:This option uses a lot of hardware power and a lot of graphic memory.Setting it to off and uncheck "use native resolution" maybe help a little bit!

You are using a little bit old version of dolphin,try to use a up-to-date SVN version : http://www.molykeia.com/dolphin.php