Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Textures Uploaded infinitely increases, hard video/audio stutter in menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

DAOWAce

Best to just show a video of the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjgJklwEhVE  (beta 16101)

For some reason this happens in the menu of some games. Whatever this "textures uploaded" statistic is, it increases infinitely (and some other numbers are wildly flipping).   There's also this hard stutter that affects video and audio.

In the stable 5.0 release, the statistic doesn't increase (but it still has the stutter, though it seems less severe): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL1ZAYlQhGA

I've attempted to search this forum, the bug tracker and google about "textures uploaded" and came back with no real results.

What is this?  Why's the counter infinitely increasing?

Additionally, does anyone know why there's this hard stutter in some game menus?  Gameplay is most fine.

The only setting that seems to affect it is internal resolution.  At native, this stutter issue is basically nonexistent, but the more it's increased above native, the worse it becomes.  The video was recorded at 4x.

I'm kinda baffled because I run PPSSPP at 10x native and Cemu at 3440x1440 without any issues and Dolphin is really old (mature), so it's strange such an issue exists.  (5950x, 1080 Ti)
To ask the obvious question, go to Graphics > Advanced and check if Texture Dumping is enabled. If it is, turn it off and try it.

DAOWAce

It seems during a re-write of part of my post I removed the information that stated I had tested at default settings, whoops.

But yeah, dumping is disabled, and upon testing a little bit more, the only thing that appears to change this functionality is enabling "Disable EFB VRAM Copies". With that enabled, the counter now increases infinitely regardless of anything.

I should clarify that I don't think anything negative is happening, it's just that this statistic is increasing (and some other values are flipping wildly) during certain scenes, notably menus. I'm merely curious and just wondering why it's doing this in later beta versions compared to the stable release.

The place I'm testing it is Muramasa's new game screen (where you select a gameplay type). The intro before that, a few second into it there's a fish that gets drawn on screen and it tanks the performance (causing the stutters I mentioned). I don't know enough to say it's due to some alpha texture or not.