Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin wont boot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having quite a bit of trouble getting dolphin to boot. I'm currently using 5.0-13603x64. Around a week ago I was able to start dolphin perfectly fine and now dolphin starts as a background process and almost immediately is suspended then shut down. I did not change any settings between today and last week. I also tried 5.0-16101x64 and had the same issue. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thank you
Have you install any new programs or updates. Some virtual controllers program are known to have problems with dolphin. If not have you try a clean install with portable.txt at the main exe will allow a clean environment to see if anything been corrupted.
(04-08-2022, 11:33 AM)themaster123 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you install any new programs or updates. Some virtual controllers program are known to have problems with dolphin. If not have you try a clean install with portable.txt at the main exe will allow a clean environment to see if anything been corrupted.

Yeah I tried installing a controller for the Ps vita but I uninstalled it and it doesnt seem to work. Where can I find portable.txt
(04-09-2022, 09:34 AM)Krisk Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I tried installing a controller for the Ps vita but I uninstalled it and it doesnt seem to work. Where can I find portable.txt

You have to create it. Creating a blank file with notepad is enough (you have to save it as portable.txt).
(04-09-2022, 10:15 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]You have to create it. Creating a blank file with notepad is enough (you have to save it as portable.txt).

I'm sorry for the late reply but I created a portable.txt and it still did not boot. It added the proper folders but has the same suspending issue.
(04-16-2022, 08:01 AM)Krisk Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry for the late reply but I created a portable.txt and it still did not boot. It added the proper folders but has the same suspending issue.

Nevermind I found out the driver Vjoy was still installed and conflicting with dolphin