Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 2 bluetooth radios & Zadig - did anyone get this to work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MysticWizard

I did some googling but only found answers stating that windows does not allow 2 bluetooth radios at the same time.

Why do I want it? So I can do USB passtrough for the WII mote and use normal bluetooth devices for my PC at the same time.

libwdi:debug [wdi_create_list] Hardware ID: USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_8891
libwdi:debug [wdi_create_list] Compatible ID: USB\Class_E0&SubClass_01&Prot_01
libwdi:debug [wdi_create_list] Driver version: 10.0.22000.282
libwdi:debug [wdi_create_list] BTHUSB USB device (8): USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001\"SOME UNIQUE CODE I DUNNO IF I SHOULD SHARE"
libwdi:debug [wdi_create_list] Device description: 'CSR8510 A10'

libwdi:debug [wdi_create_list] Hardware ID: USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_8891
libwdi:debug [wdi_create_list] Compatible ID: USB\Class_E0&SubClass_01&Prot_01
libwdi:debug [wdi_create_list] Driver version: 10.0.22000.282
libwdi:debug [wdi_create_list] BTHUSB USB device (12): USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001\"SOME UNIQUE CODE I DUNNO IF I SHOULD SHARE"
libwdi:debug [wdi_create_list] Device description: 'CSR8510 A10'

So surprisingly, Zadig sees these 2 USB bluetooth adapters as the same (One manufacturer is ewent, one is ugreen). It does not seem to do anything with the unique code and when I choose replace driver, BOTH are getting this new driver and my windows bluetooth capability dissapears.

I saw Zadig supports creating a new device, but I do not know what to fill in for the HW ID etc bc when it autodetects it gives exactly the same entries making me think that there is no way for this program to tell them apart.

I was wondering if anyone has got this to work.

Thanks for the input
The Windows Bluetooth Stack doesn't work with more than one Bluetooth adapter at the same time, but you can simultaneously plug as many adapters as you want. Since your two adapters seems to use the same hardware ID, using Zadig will likely install libusb for both. Once the Zadig install is complete, go to Device Manager, choose one of the BT adapters on the list and select "update driver", followed by "choose a driver to be installed", then select "Generic Bluetooth Adapter" and let the installation finish.

Doing that way you can use both BT adapters simultaneously, one with the Windows BT Stack for general usage (audio, file transfers, etc.) and the other adapter with libusb for Dolphin use (Bluetooth Passthrough)...

MysticWizard

(04-04-2022, 01:04 PM)mbc07 Wrote: [ -> ]The Windows Bluetooth Stack doesn't work with more than one Bluetooth adapter at the same time, but you can simultaneously plug as many adapters as you want. Since your two adapters seems to use the same hardware ID, using Zadig will likely install libusb for both. Once the Zadig install is complete, go to Device Manager, choose one of the BT adapters on the list and select "update driver", followed by "choose a driver to be installed", then select "Generic Bluetooth Adapter" and let the installation finish.

Doing that way you can use both BT adapters simultaneously, one with the Windows BT Stack for general usage (audio, file transfers, etc.) and the other adapter with libusb for Dolphin use (Bluetooth Passthrough)...

Thanks for this answer, I will give this a go!

MysticWizard

Thanks for this input, I can confirm it works, I can use my galaxy buds wireless headset for the sound and the wii mote synced with bluetooth passtrough.

* MysticWizard bows down to your wisdom!