Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: crashing in harvest moon: magical melody (gc) when trying to marry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

wozwald

i apologize if this isn't the right place to post about this but i'm hoping someone can help me out with this. i've played the game for many hours and other love interest cutscenes have been fine, no errors or issues whatsoever... but when i try to marry someone, the game stays stuck on the black screen, fps drop to 0, and then it spits out an error and crashes.

BackPatch - failed to disassemble MOV instruction

Error encountered accessing emulated address 82000000
Culprit instruction:
movq xmm0, qword ptr ds:[rbx + rsi]
at 0x1cb7e212

i have patched the game with the rainbow version, originally using ojdaye's original patch before swapping to sgibbz's hard patch. nobody else has had an issue with the patch so i'm not sure what i've done wrong. literally everything else in the game functions normally for me, just not this one specific cutscene.

so far i've: changed dumps (old one was bad, new one is good) they both still crash. i've played around with all kinds of graphic settings, disabling dual core, etc. same error and crash every time. i've tried running it on dolphin 5.0-16101 which gives an extremely long series of warnings that are different from 5.0, it then just stays stuck on the black screen. it usually became completely unresponsive and i would have to restart my pc. i'm completely stumped and i can't find anything
Please post detailed instructions on how exactly to trigger this. A save file, ideally, too.

wozwald

i found the save data but it says the type of file is not allowed?

how to trigger: give the blue feather to propose to eligible male bachelor (going straight up from the house to the clinic with alex is the fastest), go back home and go to bed to trigger the next day, the game crashes when trying to load the next day.
You should be able to zip it up and attach the zip file

wozwald

(03-20-2022, 06:28 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]You should be able to zip it up and attach the zip file

ahh i see, thank you! i was trying it as a .rar, my bad.