Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: dolphin wont launch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
please help

i had dolphin working last year for quite sometime. last month i got back into emulation and tried dolphin and it opened very intermittently. it seemed to open better in with run as administrator but it opened without too. i got it to work by uninstalling some old visual c++ and reinstalled both 32 64 bit 2015-2022 versions. today i tried again and it doesn't open again, maybe a windows update or gpu driver update not sure what happened since it last worked. i have latest windows 10 64bit, gigbyte nvidia 1030 2g 5ddr low profile with latest drivers.

these are all the things i tried but still cant get ti to open

reinstalled latest dolphin, tried beta and developers versions
rolled back graphics driver
uninstalled GPU and reinstalled to clear drivers and reinstall all new with default settings
deleted dolphin folder in my docs
tried toggling off sopho antivirus with no luck
tried disabling windows defender still no dice
deleted visual c++ 2010 32 bit that i needed for rom-center app to run
uninstalled and reinstalled both 32 and 64 bit visual c++ 2015-2022
scanned for viruses and no threats found

computer runs fine other than this

i'm at my wits end and am outta options

any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

thanks
joe
If you have vJoy or any other "unusual" controller drivers installed, try uninstalling them.
i would have never thought of this however i don't have vjoy which has drivers that can be uninstalled. i use bliss-box which allows original controllers to used with usb dongle that only uses windows native HID driver that cannot be updated added or removed. i spoke to the developer of bliss-box and he said has never heard of an issue with dolphin nor can he imagine a way in which the bliss-box would conflict wth dolphin as it is 'driver-less"

Smile
(02-28-2022, 05:14 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]If you have vJoy or any other "unusual" controller drivers installed, try uninstalling them.

hopefully u can help

i have a gamer-pro device by blissbox that does not have driver just generic HID windows ones , this dongle allows the use of OEM controllers on USB interface

when i connect these USB dongles dolphin doesn’t open and when i disconnect them dolphin opens fine

i have spent quite of bit of time with blissbox developer and we can’t resolve this. he has never seen this before and sells thousands of these dongles and most people who use these also use dolphin so it would be a nightmare for him and he’d definitely know about it. he’s convinced that something happens to windows when these dongles are connected and it’s not actually the dongles themselves per se. he believes the dongles might be triggering a corrupt directX, sdk, or runtime of some sort. when dolphin fails to open i get the windows blue circle pinwheel for about three seconds then it disappears then about a second later i get another second of blue pinwheel and then nothing. the biggest issue is there is no error log generated ….is there anyway we get an error log when dolphin fails to open so we can isolate the conflict or the corrupt files(s). thanks joe Smile
(02-28-2022, 05:14 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]If you have vJoy or any other "unusual" controller drivers installed, try uninstalling them.

we can get the dolphin issue resolved

if i open dolphin first it opens and and as soon as i plug in gamer-pro it shut down instantly

is there a way we can see error logs in dolphin?, right now the dolphin log under /user/logs is black with zero bytes

thanks
joe