Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Loading Save States
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Dormouse

First, thanks to the Dolphin team for their work!

My question is whether there is a way to load save states from previous versions. I have played a game a long time on a previous version, and now I am trying to move everything over to play on the most recent version of Dolphin. I moved the game and savestate files, but whenever I try to load the save, it says it can't load.

Thanks for any help.
Mm....You mean the gamestates or savestates?
If are gamesaves: Move your User/GC folder from the old REV to the new REV.
Mm....EX:
In 47xx you have your User/GC folder. Reeplace it with the User/GC folder from the old REV.
If are savestates:
EX:
In 47xx you have your User/Savestates folder. Reeplace it with the User/Savestates folder from the old REV.

Dormouse

I don't know what a gamesave is...

I have been only using savestates. While playing, I go to Emulation, Save State, and choose a slot. That is how I have been saving. I moved them into their respective folder into the new version's folder. When I try to load them (Emulation, Load State, ...), I get the message "Can't load state from previous revisions".

Thanks for your reply.

EDIT:
Okay, I figured out the difference between a gamesave and savestate... I used a gamesave and copied the memory card over, and loaded it from the game's menu. And it worked! Problem resolved. Thanks Jefferson for your help.
That means you simply can't Tongue