Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mac and EFBToTextureEnable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

DirkDarling

After upgrading to Monterey on my Mac, I found Brawl to be slow. It wasn't before the upgrade, on Big Sur. Sorry, I can't accurately track Dolphin versions between OS versions because of auto updates. I tweaked performance settings for Brawl based on the Compatibility list, including EFBToTextureEnable. Brawl then stuttered and crawled painfully and I isolated it to the EFBToTextureEnable setting.

I isolated by adding EFBToTextureEnable=False to a bunch of other games where that setting was recommended. They all slowed to a crawl, performing a lot worse than without (ignoring the graphical glitches that setting would have fixed). For instance, Mario Kart Wii, Metroid Prime.

Games like Prince of Persia, which recommend XFBToTextureEnable - False, do not evidence this.

Is anyone aware of changes caused by the OS update on Mac? I might never do that again.

Macbook Pro 16" | 8-core i7 | 64G | 8G Radeon 5500

Only running at 2x (720P) 4xMSAA 8x AF. Back to pretty standard settings now but I feel like I tested them all.

Unfortunately this affects some of the big names so any pointers would be appreciated.