Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Input plugin - Add delay period to input
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Redmage913

Metroid Prime GC's L trigger has always been a bit quirky, where if the trigger is depressed from 0 to 100 too quickly, the Lock-On function of the HUD does not engage properly and things like strafing don't work until redepressing the trigger. From a bit of research, I've learned that in essence, the GC's controller itself has hardware for both the analog depression level and the trigger click around 90%, which is emulated by separating the two inputs on the plugin screen into L-analog and L.

With the capabilities of Controllers' Configure Input screen, is it possible to do the following:
If input on L-analog increases >90%, which activates L, wait one input cycle before submitting L to the system.

I read the bug report that determined that the L button quirkiness with this title is intended/correct behavior (Emulator Issue #10029), and I agree with that from an accuracy perspective. If something similar could be accomplished with the input plugin, though, this would add to the game from a quality-of-life perspective that can be manually set up on a per-user basis.
If by "the input plugin" you mean Dolphin's normal input system (Dolphin doesn't have plugin support), you could use something like this for mapping L-Digital in order to make the input less instantaneous:

smooth(A, 0.05, 0)

Where A is the button you want to use, and 0.05 is the time you want it to take for the input strength to reach 100%. (Perhaps you want a little less than 0.05.)

Redmage913

This works perfectly for what I was trying to do. Thank you so much! My apologies for the plugin statement; I knew it wasn't the best verbiage, and I should have said "Controllers - add delay to input". If you think renaming the thread would be helpful for search purposes, please feel free to do so.

Where can I find more information customizing inputs on the plugin? I looked at Input Syntax on wiki.dolphin-emu site may I ask you where else I should read?