Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Surface Go and Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Soop

Hi all. I just got a Surface Go (the first, base model), looked into the optimised settings and for the most part it works prety well. The only thing that's really bothering me is the way everything completely drops out at certain points, like I'll be going around 48-50fps (Pal version) of F-Zero X, then I'll see a drop of up to a second.

With Tatsunoku vs Capcom, the same is true, everything is awesome until I trigger a super arts animation, and the whole game takes multiple seconds to recover. Performance monitor seems to think that the machine isn't maxing out on best performance, so I wonder if there's some extra juice I can wring out here? Probably in terms of the hardware/windows side more than the emulator
Post your graphics settings.

Soop

https://imgur.com/a/ahrYNba

Here ya go, that's all the graphics settings
Try "Compile Shaders Before Starting"

Soop

(02-03-2022, 11:31 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Try "Compile Shaders Before Starting"

I tried that with F-zero X but it took like 5 minutes to complete - is that normal?
(02-04-2022, 05:15 AM)Soop Wrote: [ -> ]I tried that with F-zero X but it took like 5 minutes to complete - is that normal?

Yes, I think it only needs to do it once?

Soop

(02-04-2022, 07:35 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I think it only needs to do it once?

Ok, that's interesting - does it persist after a reboot?

*edit* apparently not. That might be a dealbreaker