Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What is the purpose of DSPTool.exe, DolphinTool.exe, and Updater.exe?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the purpose of DSPTool.exe, DolphinTool.exe, and Updater.exe?

I'm trying to set exceptions for my antivirus and for Windows Security and I would like to know what those executables are for. Thanks! Big Grin
As far as I know it is an audio encoder, but surely someone else knows more about it.
DSPTool.exe is unnecessary for almost every Dolphin user. I'm actually not even sure what it does myself, other than that it's occasionally useful for developers working on DSP stuff.

DolphinTool.exe lets you verify and convert disc images from the terminal. You can already do this from the GUI using Dolphin.exe, so you don't need this executable unless you specifically want to do those things from the terminal.

Updater.exe is Dolphin's automatic updater. If you want Dolphin to be able to update automatically, you may need to whitelist this in your antivirus program. Unlike the former two executables, this executable is launched automatically by Dolphin rather than being launched by the user.
Thanks a lot!