Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I want to share my nand with friends
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

fefucho

I just used my nand from my wii on dolphin, everything is working fine, but i decided I wanted to share my nand with some friends so we can play Mario Kart together, but my nand is alredy full with some games, hombrew channel, miiĀ“s and stuff.
I cant find if there is a way to format my "wii" (from dolphin) and then share that nand to my friends, or maybe just make a copy from my nand (from dolphin, since i played some games and have some saves), then delete all the stuff and send them that one.
Thanks! Big Grin
Just as a little reminder for everyone, piracy is against the rules here and distributing a NAND with games is technically piracy. Just fyi.

Anyway, if you are just wanting to distribute your save game for a game so every player has all the racers and karts, it would probably be easier to just skip the nand business altogether and distribute your wii save directly. Right click a game in the game list and click "Export Wii Save" to get the save file, and to import, your friends will need to go to Tools > Import Wii Save. Mario Kart will complain about missing Miis but it should work fine.
If you intention for sharing the NAND is enabling online play with your friends (e.g. Wiimmfi), I'm 90% certain that multiple instances of the same NAND identifiers connecting to Wiimmfi servers simultaneously is a big red flag for them that will very likely get your NAND banned, so beware...