Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Skylanders-- "The disk could not be read."
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Jeebuscrumbs

Hello, have been trying to play the first Skylanders game being Spyro's adventure in order to gain some sense of nostalgia, but while most of the game works fine-- the portal doesn't have any issues, the figures work, and there aren't any major glitches in actual gameplay. However, as soon as I beat the first level, whenever the cutscene plays in order to take me to the main overworld, the emulator breaks and simply says "the disk could not be read". This happens consistently whether I try to skip the cutscene or just let it play through. This is happening consistently and therefore I need to fi it, but I don't know how to go about it.
Right-click on the game in the game list, press Properties, go to the Verify tab, and press Verify Integrity. Does Dolphin report any errors?

Jeebuscrumbs

(01-10-2022, 12:51 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Right-click on the game in the game list, press Properties, go to the Verify tab, and press Verify Integrity. Does Dolphin report any errors?

There are a few, yeah. I'll just paste them here:
This disc image is too small and lacks some data. If your dumping program saved the disc image as several parts, you need to merge them into one file.

The update partition is missing.

The data partition is not at its normal position. This will affect the emulated loading times. You will be unable to share input recordings and use NetPlay with anyone who is using a good dump.

This disc image is in the NKit format. It is not a good dump in its current form, but it might become a good dump if converted back. The CRC32 of this file might match the CRC32 of a good dump even though the files are not identical.
In that case, I would suggest not using the NKit format.

(I must say though, I've never seen "This disc image is too small and lacks some data" and NKit at the same time before... Strange.)

Jeebuscrumbs

(01-10-2022, 01:02 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]In that case, I would suggest not using the NKit format.

(I must say though, I've never seen "This disc image is too small and lacks some data" and NKit at the same time before... Strange.)

Ahhh alright then, is there an easy way to convert the iso into something other than NKit then? 
If you got the game legally, you should know this already.