Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Portable Mode, Updates & Other Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does making dolphin portable by using the portable.txt disable the auto updater?
No it don't disable the auto update. i use this because of I use it on external drive for multiple computers.
OK so I tested potable mode. Everything works great except portable mode still creates the GBA folder in the user documents directory only. Is there a way to get it to create this folder in the portable location? I don't want anything dolphin related in my documents. Is this an oversight, or is this required for proper function with MGBA?
(01-08-2022, 06:37 AM)Forgottenkey Wrote: [ -> ]OK so I tested potable mode. Everything works great except portable mode still creates the GBA folder in the user documents directory only. Is there a way to get it to create this folder in the portable location? I don't want anything dolphin related in my documents. Is this an oversight, or is this required for proper function with MGBA?

It should be fixable. Perhaps it's Config > GameCube > GBA Settings > Saves that needs updating.
(01-08-2022, 06:59 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]It should be fixable. Perhaps it's Config > GameCube > GBA Settings > Saves that needs updating.
Thanks it worked! I fully converted over to portable mode, including updating my qt style sheets and the resources for them, everything works correctly!